May is National Correct Your Posture Month! I could sit here and talk for days about posture correction but I won't. Instead, I have linked several of my blogs and videos below so you can peruse them at your leisure.
I started RPT Fitness because I believe deep in my heart that there is more to training than fitness competitions and athleticism. The average person struggles with their bodies due to many factors like aging, work conditions, stress, and more.
About 80% of adults in the US alone suffer from back pain 😬 That's way too many if you ask me.
This business could easily focus on weight loss or competition training but I wanted to help people like you move and live pain-free. I know first-hand what it feels like to feel limited by your own body. After shoulder surgery, I was told I would not regain most of my mobility. Guess what? I have! I've also been involved in car accidents and was a pro-wrestler back in the day. I don't need to tell you that my back has taken a few hits. So, yes, I understand completely and it's my duty to help others regain their mobility.
I am very pumped that May is National Correct Your Posture month because this is where RPT Fitness shines!
Five fun facts about posture
1. There are many people with back pain - 65 million U.S. citizens suffer from back pain every year.
2. Your personality affects your posture - According to a study by S. Guimond, extroverts and introverts have different postures.
3. A straight back isn’t the ideal posture - The perfect posture is an elongated ‘S’ shape.
4. Sitting causes issues - Posture issues arise because the human body is not designed to sit for hours in a chair.
5. It affects your mood - Bad posture can contribute to a bad mood.
🔗 Source: https://nationaltoday.com/correct-posture-month/
How can you observe National Correct Your Posture month?
- Get a posture assessment to determine how to correct your posture
- Get educated on what is causing your poor posture and what you can do about it
- Perform posture improvement exercises throughout the month
The best way to correct your posture and maintain it is with Corrective Exercise. Here we explain exactly how this works. Follow this link to read the article.
If you are treating your posture issues with deep tissue massage or similar therapy, it is crucial to follow up with lots of water. And this is why.
If you have a desk job, you have to read this article and watch the short video. Here, I give you some easy exercises you can do at your desk to avoid a rounded back. We all know a rounded back means you'll pay for it later with pain. Read and watch here.
Thank you for reading & remember to keep working on that posture all month long and beyond.
Corrective Exercise Specialist
Rafael has been in the health and fitness industry since 2006. He is certified by the NASM & insured.
Areas of Expertise
Joint Pain Relief, Post-Rehab Personal Training, Posture Correction, Weight Loss, Nutrition, Strength Training, Core and Balance, Flexibility and Mobility, Muscle Gain, Posture, TRX, Functional Training, Myofascial Release, Cardiovascular Conditioning, Injury Prevention, Stress Reduction, Corrective Exercise, Golf